Ref:CL168/52 Business Premises, Summer Hill [Stanton Building] 1889
Hand-coloured photo-lithograph, signed "J.S.E. Ellis" and dated "10.9.89" in block lower right, text throughout image, 32.9 x 20.6cm. Slight foxing overall, stains to margins.
Text includes "Messrs Ellis & Slatyer, Architects. The Building and Engineering Journal, Sept. 28, 1889." Image includes floor plan. The building is located on 1-5 Lackey Street, Summer Hill. Richard Stanton, estate agent, purchased this site in 1888 and the building was completed in 1890. This "late Victorian Free Classical style" building still stands minus its tower. Ref: Ashfield Council.
Josef Lebovic Gallery
103a Anzac Parade
Kensington NSW 2033
By appointment only
T: 02 9663 4848
M: 0411 755 887